...I had never heard of Thundercats (it was before my time!) and I had never made or intended to make a Tiramisu so this cake was going to be a very experimental cake! I found this great recipe on Baked Bree.com and modified it a bit so that I could cover it in fondant. I will definitely post the recipe later this week!
|Cake Next to the Picture|
When I looked up pictures of Thundercats I immediately thought, this is going to be a challenge. I decided, now was the time to learn how to paint on to fondant. I looked up instructions on the net and gave it a shot. It was really hard to get all the proportions right, especially on the girl. The colours were hard to get right too because I only had a few to choose from. The finished result was alright (for my first try) but I wasn't completely happy so I decided to try it in fondant.
|Fondant versus Painted Fondant|
I cut out all the pieces individually to make up the picture. This took a really long time but in the end looked a whole lot better than the painted picture so I decided to use this one.
|Thundercats Picture and Logo|