One thing that winter brings that I don't hate is warm delicious desserts and at last I have found my favourite! It's too good not to share with the world! It is packed full of butter and sugar BUT it tastes amazing so who cares?!
I think my favourite thing about the recipe (other than the taste) is that it's so super duper easy to make! It has all ingredients that you're bound to have in the pantry and you pretty much just throw it all in and bake it. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that when I talk about it or see photos of it or even think about it, I want some...like right now! NEED PEACH COBBLER!
Peach Cobbler Recipe
Adapted from Food.com
115g Butter (melted)
1 C Flour
¾ C Sugar (maybe less)
2 t Baking Powder
¼ t Salt
2/3 C Milk (room temperature)
1 Egg (room temperature)
2 x 410g tin of Peaches, drained
½ C Sugar (maybe less)
1 t Cinnamon
½ t Nutmeg
- Melt butter and pour into a large pan or casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the milk and egg and stir.
- Pour evenly over melted butter.
- Combine peaches, sugar and spices in a separate bowl and spread over batter but do no stir!
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes at 180 degrees C until batter comes to the top and is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream and try not to go back for seconds and thirds and fourths...okay you can! (I did).
I used less sugar than the original recipe suggested and it could still do with less but it's up to you on how sweet you like your desserts.