Up until now I've been enjoying working two days a week, having coffee catch ups with friends, making cakes and getting things done around the house during the week.
Because all that will change in two weeks time I am now trying to fit in all the baking I can!
There are a few recipes on the blog that I would like to re-do photos for, some of the recipes need a bit of tweaking too!
This recipe used to be plain old boring banana bread but I decided to mix things up a little by adding chocolate chips and cinnamon sugar.
The result was amazing! Delicious bananary goodness with bits of melting chocolate chips all the way through, then crunchy cinnamon sugar to top it off.
Just two more weeks until I go back to the boring life, I wonder how many more recipes I can squeeze in!
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
4 ripe bananas
80g butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla essence
1 tsp. baking soda
1 ½ cups flour
Pinch of salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips
½ tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, mash bananas and combine with melted butter.
- Add sugar, egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Sift in the baking soda and flour and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into loaf tin and smooth out the top.
- Combine the cinnamon and caster sugar in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.